20 September 2010

Massimo

Massimo Vignelli. What a reputation and an important role model to many within the creative industry. 


I was lucky enough to be in touch with him recently regarding my dissertation on Emigre, something he still feels very strongly about. Whilst on my travels around Edinburgh I found a very amusing shop frontage, sharing a similar name, interestingly set in Helvetica. I like to think he would approve. 


Another insiders designer joke.




Other interesting finds:
Driving School... a great play on words. 
Police boxes (the famous Doctor Who Tardis) fill the streets. Apparently Time Lords were very popular in Edinburgh a few years ago. Sadly now they are all boarded up and derelict but still left for people to enjoy. 
A beautiful logo.

1 comment:

  1. love the last 'story' image

    JM @ honeysandwich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete