5 August 2010

Results are finally in!

2.1

OK, so the result came about a month ago but still! 

I feel that my best achievement on grades point of view was receiving a 1st on the dissertation module, documenting and discussing Emigre magazine through its 21 years of being published. Emigre has been a topic I have been very interested in since discovering the magazine in my first year and something I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know more about. 

I have collected several copies of the magazine and type catalogues, travelled to the British Library to view the whole collection and lucky enough to receive some fantastic input and feedback from a range of creatives such as Adrian Shaughnessy - Graphic Designer and writer, John Collins from myfonts.com, Luke Hayman - Partner at Pentagram, Massimo Vignelli - Vignelli Associates, Rick Poynor - Design writer, Rudy VanderLans - Emigre, Steven Heller - Design writer and Stuart Bailey - Founder of Dot Dot Dot magazine.



It is horrible to think that three wonderful years have been brought down to two numbers and a period. Still these have been three very successful years watching projects I have worked on go live, the Designers Society, having a great studio culture and generally helping and watching other students grow too. My passions for the entire world of Graphic Design through from paper stock, typefaces and across all areas of creativity have leaped from strength to strength! Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment