5 December 2010

Why stop there…

Why do university projects have to stop at being just that? Having spent 6 weeks and more on each, do they not have the potential to go further?

In July I followed up two recent projects with relevant companies to establish just how much commercial value they may have to offer. 

The Experimental Happenings project was developed in response to a competition brief set by the charity Youth Music’ With a branch in Plymouth, The Plymouth Music Zone’, this was the perfect opportunity to present back my work.

I received some really valuable feedback, such as how to alter it for different markets. They felt it to be a really interesting visual route of displaying music and there is currently a discussion taking place on the possibility of incorporating the project into their current scheme, adding a more visual approach to learning music.

I also visited both the Plymouth and London office for RNID (Royal National Institute for the Deaf), presenting back my final university project (soon to be added to my website). They too, were impressed by what I had produced and whilst currently undergoing a rebrand, plan to review the work in the new year with the hope to incorporate my visuals into their centenary productions. 

I have a follow up meeting to present the work to further RNID representatives towards the end of December.

No comments:

Post a Comment